Friday, August 27, 2010

Cilantro Garlic Aioli Dip/Spread



This was my 1st attempt in trying to recreate the aioli from my Miami trip. I've been too lazy to try to find some cassava (yucca) root to fry so I decided to make a flaky pastry bowl instead. To those of you who went on the trip with me, I know...it's a lot greener than it was at the restaurant. I might have been a little heavy handed on the cilantro. I should also tell you that the flaky pastry attempt wasn't so successful either, well, halfway successful at least. It was definitely flaky but it was also very dense. Just goes to show on test kitchen days at Bistro 331 not all goes well all the time. I'll spare you the details on making the pastry and concentrate on the aioli instead.

Ingredients:

3 egg whites
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon crushed mustard seeds
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup loosely packed cilantro
1 teaspoon sugar

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except oil into food processor. Process all of the ingredients for about 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly drizzle oil with processor on slow speed. Continue until all of the oil has been added to the mixture. Continue processing for another 15 seconds after. You can serve this right away with some flat bread, chips, fried yucca or even french fries. If you want it to thicken a little bit, let mixture chill in the refrigerator for about an hour or so.

I'll try to recreate this again one day and maybe i'll get the color, texture, and flavor on point.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.5.2

No comments: